Thursday, September 4, 2008

As for me...I've changed

so this is a pic of us at the scat jazz club on sundance square..downtown ft worth...I'm just absolutely loving living here...it has just been exactly what I've been needing...there is just so many possibilities here...we could do something different every night for a year if we wanted...I'm loving our apartment, the neighborhood, just Bedford in general, the church we found...it is hard for us to go on Sundays...and i def. wont be able to go now that I'm starting the peddler show in a week or so...so we go on Tuesday nights and its been so refreshing..and just everything i need right now in my life..i love it! ha ha it just seems like church can get to that point where it is draining or more of a burden than anything..or has been in the past..and this one is just none of those things...its great...God has been teaching me a lot through the guy who speaks every Tuesday night...and I've just been challenged to think deeper...which i love! ha ha
I've just learned that here lately..or actually my whole life..I've just been SO focused on my destination that i loose sight of what is really important...if all you think about is where you want to be or where you wish you were in life...your never going to be satisfied with the here and now...you'll be blind to what God wants to show you and all the many blessings he has for you right now! I hate that...i want to be thankful for what i have and who is in my life right now...i dont want to be always wanting more...i trust that god has a plan for me and I'm living that plan every day...
this past weekend me and my whole family went to Clyde, TX, to go to my grandparents 75Th birthday party...my whole extended family was there...and it was such a great trip...other than the fact that me and Anna slept on the pull out couch bed that was kina flat ha ha...the weekend was good...god spoke to me several times while we were in Clyde...just revealing things to me that i had never even thought about... there was a time at the end of the day at the party..where my uncle Murray, cousin Lincoln, & cousin John...performed some music for my grandparents and us...it was fun for sure! but during the whole thing...my eyes kept being drawn to my grandmommy & granddaddy...they were just so cute sitting on the couch together listening intently...smiling and bobbing their heads along with the music...i couldn't stop thinking about how they met when they were young and were sweethearts from the 8th grade on...how amazing is that...and if it weren't for them...none of us would exist...God had a plan for their lives...and through them, and their trust in Him, he created all of us...it just amazes me...i was emotional all weekend...ha ha just thinking of how awesome God is...it just blows my mind to think of it all...

2 comments:

Jordan said...

i didnt know you had this blog!!!!!

Emily Suzanne said...

I'm so excited to read about your life through this blog! Deep thought, B!
You have changed and I love you both ways!
Can't wait to spend time with you this weekend!!!